Our Design and Engineering Process!
First we’ll look at your product idea and determine the best way to manufacture it. Then we’ll sketch out some plans for the design based on your needs and do some initial calculations where needed. We’ll then start a basic CAD design where you will see the early design evolution. The final design would result in a full CAD design for the product. All detail drawings would follow. These drawings and the computer files would be used by your manufacturers or we can work with our US or Asian partners.concepts
Product Design & Engineering
- Find the best or several design approaches for your product for best functionality & cost.
- Initial CAD design for evaluation purposes.
- We can do simple to complex mechanisms depending on the product.
- Final CAD design for product release with all assembly, sub-assembly, and detail parts.
- Sourcing of each part and each material needed.
- We can design your product either from scratch or offer solutions to your existing product, needs.
- We can import third party or ID files for special shapes or surfaces for the design.
- Computer generated properties; weight, cent. of gravity, volumes, etc. depending on needs.
- We make physical calculations such as trajectories, forces, etc. and come up with a set of goals and further possibilities.
Design & Structural Analysis
- FEA stress analysis. A computerized analysis showing high stress areas for strengthening or weight reduction.
- Calculations and proper material selection for the parts. Best metals or plastics use.
- Computer motion analysis for actual mechanism operation, inferences, etc.
Product Photo Rendering
- You will get progressive computer pictures of your product as the design moves forward.
- We can supply a simple program for your own computer to allow you to view the product from various angles where you can pick out individual parts or rotate the whole assembly in see-through or solid modes.
- We can set the product pictures in various backgrounds for your own use with basic viewing or advertising.
Files, Documents, and Drawings
- We can supply small up to large 24 x 36″ drawing plots, or output to you in DWG, DXF, PDF, or many other formats readable in various popular readers or CAD systems.
- Output or input files in IGES, STEP, Parasolid, E-Drawings, Pro/E, STL, CATIA, TIFF, SOLIDWORKS and many others.
- A typical drawing package will contain a detail dimensional drawing for each part with tolerances and specifications and assembly drawings with a full BOM (bill of materials and sources) and exploded views for clarity. All drawings and computer files are suitable for production or prototype vendors.
Continuous Product Improvement
- With the use of our high end CAD we can constantly improve on the design even after its introduction by replacing or improving some parts or update the product into new versions or capabilities for your product line.
- All documents are automatically updated to avoid repeating some design areas.
Tooling and Manufacturing Liaison
- We supply the proper files that tooling suppliers use for automated tooling & accuracy.
- We can supply special process drawings for assembly and manufacturing instructions for our client use or for use by our client’s customers assembly instructions.
Production Manufacturing Partners
- We have access to sheet metal, die casting, plastic injection molding, thermo vacuum and pressure forming, metal injection molding and other processes.
- We represent and partners with several US and Asian manufacturing companies.
- We can arrange for your product using our computer files directly producing plastic models using Stereo lithography, FDM, and other accurate 3D printing “rapid prototyping” and small run casting methods through our partners. This is usually a fast 2 to 4 day process for simple designs.
- We also partner with NC metal machining, sheet metal and special assembly shops.
- Our electronic design and assembly partners can provide for those products which need this.
- We have provided ID (styling) within our company for many of our customers and our own proprietary products.
- We also partner with a very experienced and professional ID company with specialized style and name branding with the flair you need for product recognition.
- If you already have an ID firm you are working with, we can work with them to maintain your particular design style and make if mechanically viable.
- If electronics is needed in your design, we partner with very capable companies for that.
- A/C or D/C circuitry or even special remote control applications for cell phones.